By now you must have already understood that taking care of your skin is all about understanding your skin type and using products that are beneficial for that type of skin. Still looking for skin care solutions that suit your type of skin? Browse through the ultimate skin care guide from OROGOLD Cosmetics to learn exciting tips and tricks on how to take care of your skin. This guide from ORO GOLD has been designed to guide you through a range of tips and tricks that can really help you enjoy smoother, younger and gorgeous looking skin.
For those with Normal Skin
If you have normal skin, your skin is neither too dry, nor too oily. You don’t suffer from frequent breakouts and your pores are practically invisible. You might face an occasional blemish, but even that is more often than not, tied to your periods. Here are a few tips from OROGOLD on how to take care of normal skin.
- Cleanse your skin and moisturize it twice every day. Make sure that you use gentle products that contain a range of antioxidants that not only fight free radical damage, but also protect the skin from UV damage.
- Consider adding ingredients like Vitamin A and Vitamin C into your skin care routine. This helps to boost the production of collagen and makes your skin look and feel younger.
- Use a sunscreen every single day of the year. Don’t skip out on the moisturizer either. You can use one that protects the skin from sun damage during the day and another one that offers it with hydration at night.
- Add some good quality makeup and make sure that you never overindulge. Don’t forget to wash off the makeup using a mild cleanser before going to bed.
- Pat your skin dry after cleansing your skin with a napkin. Make sure that you never rub it with a towel.
- Refresh your skin with a gentle cleanser every morning. Try to go for products that don’t contain harmful ingredients like petroleum and always choose non-greasy products.
- Use a facial mask once every week. Facial masks are designed to give your skin a better cleanse and they also help to rejuvenate the way it looks.
- Don’t skip out on your exfoliation routine. You need to exfoliate your skin once or twice every week.
For those with Dry Skin
Dry skin is usually characterized by flaking that is accompanied by itchiness and redness. Dry skin usually occurs because your skin doesn’t produce or retain enough oil or water the way it should. Here are a few tips from ORO GOLD on how to take care of dry skin.
- Use cleansers and creams that contain ingredients like ceramides and hyaluronic acid.
- Stay away from harsh products, AHAs and those foaming face washes because they tend to strip off the lipids from your skin.
- Use some face oil under your moisturizer if your skin is extremely flaky. This should make your skin feel smoother.
- Use skin care products that use ingredients like Aloe Vera, Shea Butter, Green Tea and Vitamin C.
- Moisturize your skin twice every day. Make use of rich creams that allow you to maintain the moisture levels of your skin.
- Avoid using tap water on your face. An ideal alternative would be to use sparkling water.
- Install a humidifier in your house. This helps you to negate the effects of air conditioning, something that constantly causes your skin to dry out.
For those with Oily Skin
Oily skin looks extremely shiny and greasy and people with oily skin often tend to suffer from breakouts and blackheads. The pores on your skin also range from medium to large. Here are a few tips from OROGOLD Cosmetics on how to take care of oily skin.
- Exfoliate your skin using products that contain AHAs or Salicylic acid to ensure that your pores remain unclogged.
- Make sure that you moisturize your skin two times every single day. In most cases, people tend to skip out on their moisturizers because of their oily skin and this ends up making matters even worse.
- Use oil-free sunscreens that don’t worsen your issues.
- Use a mild cleanser while washing your face and restrict cleansing your face to a maximum of three times a day.
- Use non-greasy and alcohol-free moisturizers on your skin.
- Apply a face mask once a week on your face.
- Avoid eating things like carbohydrates and sugar if you suffer from frequent acne breakouts and stay away from processed food. Increase your intake of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables.
For those with Mature Skin
As your skin begins to age, the estrogen and perimenopause levels in your skin begin to drop. This leads to a reduction in the collagen production and the skin cell renewal process. As a result, your skin begins to look dull and ends up losing its elasticity. You might also end up with things like brown spots, rough patches, wrinkles and fine lines. Here are a few tips from OROGOLD on how to take care of oily skin.
- Add products that contain retinol and antioxidants into your skin care routine. Look out for anti-aging products that have proven to be effective for people with mature skin.
- Exfoliate your skin 2 – 3 times every week to ensure that you get rid of the dead skin cells from the surface of your skin. Add an at-home deep peel into your skin care routine and use it on your skin once a week.
For those with Combination Skin
Combination skin can be very difficult to take care of because you have oily areas as well as dry areas, with both areas needing different solutions. The ideal way to take care of your combination skin is to balance it out and offer your skin with an all-round protection. Here are a few tips from ORO GOLD on how to take care of combination skin.
- Use mild facial cleansers while cleansing your skin.
- Never skip out on toning because toners can really work wonders for people with combination skin.
- Use light moisturizers that don’t clog your pores.
- Exfoliate your skin once or twice every week and add an at-home deep peel into your skin care routine. This peel helps you to enjoy the perfect cleanse, unclogs your pores and lets you get rid of your dead skin cells.